- As a TMDSAS applicant, it is your responsibility to become familiar with the application procedures at each school to which you apply. All application documents, including primary application forms, transcripts, letters of evaluation and fees must be submitted to TMDSAS in a timely manner, by the deadline. Secondary applications (if applicable) must be submitted directly to the respective schools.
- Prior to submitting an application, you should read and understand the Technical Standards/Essential Functions for admission and graduation at each school to which you are applying. If accepted to medical school, you will be required to sign a statement indicating you are able to meet these standards with or without accommodations.
- You can submit only one application per cycle. You cannot submit multiple applications. Therefore, it is critical that you thoroughly review your application before submitting to ensure it is complete.
- Applicants must promptly notify TMDSAS of any change of address. Applicants may change their address by logging on to their application. Go to the [Contact Info] page and make the update(s).
- Applicants must notify TMDSAS of certain changes to the application. After submitting your application, you are able to make changes to the following sections on to the application: Contact Info, Colleges Attended, College Coursework, Planned Enrollment, Letters of Evaluation, Test Scores and My Account.
- After the date of submission of your TMDSAS application, if you are charged, convicted of, plead guilty, or no contest to a felony or misdemeanor crime, you must inform TMDSAS as well as the admissions office of each school to which you have applied. You must notify TMDSAS and each school within ten business days of the occurrence of the criminal charge or conviction. Failure to do so is grounds for rejection of your application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, dismissal after enrollment, or rescission of any degrees granted.
- After the date of submission of your TMDSAS application, if you become the subject of an institutional action or are sanctioned by a State Licensure Board after the date of original application submission, you must inform TMDSAS as well as the admissions office of each school to which you have applied. You must notify TMDSAS and each school within ten business days of the occurrence of the institutional action. Failure to do so is grounds for rejection of your application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, dismissal after enrollment, or rescission of any degrees granted.
- You must respond promptly to all invitations for interview. In those instances when you cannot appear for a previously scheduled interview, you are responsible for promptly notifying the school. You should notify the school of the cancellation initially by telephone, followed by an email.
- If you will be unavailable (e.g. foreign travel) at any time during the application process, you should instruct and grant authority to a parent or other individual to act on your behalf. You must notify TMDSAS of this designation via email.
- If you choose to withdraw your application from one or more schools, you must notify each school and TMDSAS of your decision in writing via email.
- Once you have made a final decision on the school you plan to attend, you have the obligation to promptly withdraw your application from all other schools.
Technical Standards/Essential Functions
Below are links to each participating medical school's Technical Standards/Essential Functions:
- UT Southwestern Medical Center
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston
- McGovern Medical School (formerly UT HSC at Houston Medical School)
- UT School of Medicine at San Antonio
- UT Austin, Dell Medical School
- UT Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- Texas A&M HSC, College of Medicine
- Texas Tech HSC School of Medicine
- UNT HSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Texas Tech HSC El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine