Texas Residency Determination
TMDSAS makes residency determinations for admission purposes only, not for tuition, which is reviewed at the time of matriculation on the school's end.
To establish domicile, you must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Texas for 12 consecutive months by the application deadline; and
- Establish and maintain domicile for 12 consecutive months prior to the application
deadline, by doing one of the following:
- Be gainfully employed in Texas
- Sole or joint marital ownership of residential real property in Texas by the person seeking to enroll or the dependent's parent, having established and maintained a domicile at the residence
- Own and operate a business in Texas
- Be married for one year to a person who has established domicile in Texas
Use the Application Guide for a step-by-step walk through to complete each section of the application.
If you have questions, please send your inquiry to email@example.com.
A Note About Etiquette
TMDSAS expects all applicants to exhibit professionalism when contacting TMDSAS. Current and prospective applicants must contact TMDSAS and identify themselves properly and honestly, as information cannot be provided to parents, spouses, family members, or friends. This is to maintain the integrity of the application process and to provide better support and to abide by state and national student privacy laws. Misrepresentation of identity and/or dishonest, threatening, or offensive communication will not be tolerated.