How to use the TMDSAS Application Guide
The guide is a vital tool for current and prospective applicants to use as an online handbook when preparing for the TMDSAS application cycle. The guide provides:
A step-by-step guide through the TMDSAS application
Instructions for all sections of the application
The application essay prompts
Application tips and important notices
You will want to read the guide in its entirety before starting your application and
use it as a companion when completing your application. The guide is updated regularly.
We dread error messages (but don't worry because luckily you won't have to!) If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the application, please fill out the Technical Support webform and let us help you find a solution.
Report Technical Issues
Let's Get Detail-Oriented
Each section will in turn contain multiple subsections that explain what to expect in each phase of the process. You will also find step-by-step instructions for what to do and how to do it. Take your time. Make sure that you fully understand the instructions and remember to reach out to us if you need assistance.
Take Your Understanding to the Next Level - Glossary and Policy Index
In addition to the instructions and tips you’ll find throughout the guide, you’ll also need to spend time familiarizing yourself with the items at the back of the publication. There you will find an index of our policies, including an outline of your responsibilities as an applicant and a glossary of terms to aid your understanding as you work through the application.
What Else Should You Look for?
- App Tips: Helpful tips that, based on our experience, keep you on track, help you avoid common pitfalls, and connect you with our digital media.
- Icons: Images that help you navigate the application, and help you know which sections pertain to you.
- @TMDSAS on Twitter: Encouraging and timely reminders that prove TMDSAS is here with you every step of the way.
- Inside Health Education Newsroom: A news resource full of timely articles specifically tailored to guide you, the aspiring dentists, physicians, and veterinarians of Texas! Visit Inside Health Education for exclusive stories, announcements, professional advice, and more!
Inside Health Education
Locked after submitting
For Dental Applicants
For Medical Applicants
For Veterinary Applicants
TMDSAS Participating Institutions
- Texas A&M University School of Dentistry
- UT School of Dentistry at Houston
- UT School of Dentistry at San Antonio
- Woody L. Hunt Schoool of Dental Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine
- John Sealy School of Medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio
- McGovern Medical School at UT Health Houston
- Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Texas A&M University School of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine at Lubbock
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
- The University of Houston College of Medicine
- The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- The University of North Texas - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- The University of Texas at Tyler School of Medicine
- Texas A&M University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Texas Tech University School of Veterinary Medicine
TMDSAS Contact Information
For help with application-related questions, contact TMDSAS Support via the internal messaging system in the TMDSAS Application Portal by clicking on 'Send a Message to TMDSAS' at the top right-hand corner of the [Homepage] for:
- Filling Out Sections of the Application
- Updating Coursework Post-Submission
- Removing a Letter Placeholder
- Withdrawing an Application
- PCR Questions
- Clarification of Residency Documents Requested
- How to Check the Status of Letters, Scores, and Transcripts
Inside Health Education: TMDSAS Latest News
BookmarksOn this page:
Your Questions Answered: