Any change in planned test dates MUST be immediately reported to TMDSAS. You can update this information by logging into your application. Failure to do so could affect your evaluation at one or more of the participating schools.
DAT Scores - Dental Applicants Only
The Dental Admission Test (DAT) is required for admission to dental school.
- The DAT must be taken within the last five years.
- A test score from a DAT taken before 2018 will not be considered for the 2023 entry year application.
- The DAT must be taken for the first time before December of the application year to
be considered for the current application cycle.
- Dental schools begin making offers of admission in December; therefore, waiting to take the DAT until that late date will delay any consideration for admission until after your test scores are released. See deadlines.
- It is recommended that you take the DAT in the spring or summer prior to applying.
- Must Release Scores:
- Applicants are required to request their DAT scores be released to at least one of the dental schools to which they are applying.
- All DAT scores released to any of the four Texas dental schools will automatically be sent to TMDSAS. See here.
Steps for Completing the DAT Section of the TMDSAS Application:
- DENT PIN: Enter your DENT PIN given to you by the ADA.
- DATs Taken: Enter all dates that you have taken the
- DATs Planned: Enter all dates that you plan to take the DAT between the time of application and December 1, 2022.
A Note About Your DENT PIN
The DENT PIN is a unique identifier for applicants and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs. You must register to retrieve a DENT PIN from the ADA site and use it to proceed with your application. If you do not know your DENT PIN, please go to the ADA website and follow instructions there to create or retrieve it.
A Note About Your DENT PIN
MCAT Scores - Medical Applicants Only
The MCAT is required for admission to medical school
- The exam must have been taken no earlier than 2018 and no later than September of
the year preceding enrollment into medical school. (e.g., If you are applying for
entry year 2023, then September 10th, 2022 is the last date that you can take the
- Please note that Baylor College of Medicine has a three-year cut-off for MCAT scores, therefor, MCAT scores for the EY 23 application cycle will be accepted if the exam was taken between September 2019 and September 2022.)
- No score from a test taken within the year of enrollment will be accepted.
- MCAT scores can be no more than five years old.
- Must Release Scores:
- Applicants MUST release their MCAT scores to TMDSAS by using the MCAT Testing History (THx) Report System.
- Applicants must request the release of their scores to TMDSAS as soon as they become available to the applicant.
Steps for Completing the MCAT Section of the TMDSAS Application:
Applicants MUST request that the scores of ALL tests taken be released to TMDSAS.
- AAMC ID: Enter your AAMC ID given to you by the This is the 8-digit number assigned to you by AAMC for all correspondence.
- MCATs Taken: Enter all dates that you have taken the (You do not need to list test dates if you had the score voided.)
- MCATs Planned: Enter all dates that you plan to take the MCAT between the time of application and September 10, 2022.
MCAT and Mismatched DOB
When you enter and save your MCAT information into the application, this is NOT the same as releasing your scores to TMDSAS. Please see directions for how to release your scores!
How to Release Your MCAT Score to TMDSAS:
- To release your score(s), go to the MCAT Homepage.
- From the My Reports drop-down menu, select [Send Scores Electronically].
- Begin typing [Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service] in the search box.
› Select the [Confirm and Send Scores] link.
- Select confirmation check boxes and select [Send Scores].
- Select the "X" to close the success box to complete the process.
- To confirm that your request has been submitted:
› From the My Reports drop-down menu, select [Scores Sent to Institutions].
TMDSAS will receive your scores 36 hours from the time you request the release.
Please note: If scores do not show on your [Status] page after this time, you need to check for mismatched information (see information above.) You can read more about checking your status here.
GRE Scores - Veterinary Applicants Only
PLEASE NOTE: TMDSAS veterinary schools do not require the graduate record exam (GRE) for consideration for admission for EY 2022.
- As a veterinary applicant, you are not required to take the GRE; however, if you have taken the GRE, you will enter this information.
- Valid test dates are those taken between August 1, 2018 and September 30, 2022.
- Instructions for releasing GRE scores can be found on the GRE website.
It is not unusual for students to feel anxious about the process of applying to professional school.
Can I submit my application before my test scores have been received?
Can I submit my unofficial test scores?
What if my planned test dates change?
Any changes to your planned test dates must be changed immediately on your TMDSAS
application in order for the score to be included in your application. You should
be able to make changes to your scores even after submitting.
If you are unable to make changes, send a message to TMDSAS via your TMDSAS Application Portal.
How long will it take for TMDSAS to receive my scores?
How can I check the status of my scores?
Check the status of your scores by going to the [Status] page in your TMDSAS Application Portal.
I released my DAT/MCAT score over 36 hours ago, but the [Status] page still says 'NOT RECEIVED'.
Make sure your AAMC ID/DENT PIN, test dates, and DOB are the same on your application AND your ADA/AAMC account. Otherwise, your score will not upload to your application (even if you released your score).
Before contacting TMDSAS, please confirm that your scores were released and your information is the same on your application and your AAMC/ADA account. If you find one of the components is incorrect, make the changes in your application and give it about 24 hours for the system to retrieve your score.
Check the [Status] page for updates. Send TMDSAS a message via the TMDSAS application portal if you cannot make the corrections yourself.
When are official DAT scores released?
How do I release my MCAT scores?
How do I release my DAT scores?
When should I take my MCAT?
When is too late to take the DAT?
Are Canadian DAT scores acceptable?