For evaluators of Dental and Medical applicants
Letter Requirements for Dental and Medical Applicants
All letters of evaluation must include the following criteria. Letters that do not meet these standards will be rejected.
- Signature (e-signatures are only accepted when uploading through the evaluator portal)
In your letter of evaluation:
The admission committees are looking for candid, honest insight into the applicant’s strengths and weaknesses. A substantial evaluation provides an accurate assessment of the applicant’s suitability for medical/dental school rather than advocate for the applicant.
As such, your description of how the applicant has, or has not, demonstrated any of the following competencies that are necessary for success in medical/dental school is very important: Integrity and Ethics, Reliability and Dependability, Service Orientation, Social/Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Capacity for Improvement, Resilience and Adaptability, Cultural Competence and Oral Communication.
For evaluators of Veterinary applicants
Veterinary Evaluation Form Instructions
- Select "start" to complete the veterinary evaluation form
- After all questions are completed, submit button appears (note: form will time out after 60 minutes)
Veterinary Evaluation Form Tips
- You can open the form to view the questions and come back to submit your answers, if needed. The "Submit" button will not appear until all entries have been made.
- We suggest copying and pasting your responses from a Word document when you are ready to submit.
- The form has to be filled out in one sitting. Once you begin the form, you must complete it and submit it as it will not save your work.
- The evaluation form will time out after 60 minutes of inactivity and will not save your responses.
- To prevent technical problems, we recommend using Firefox, an internet browser to complete the evaluation form.
Can I mail my letter instead?
- Veterinary Evaulation Forms: No. The veterinary evaluation form must be completed online through the TMDSAS Evaluator Portal.
- Letters for medical and dental applicants: Yes. Please make sure it contains all requirements listed above and send to:
P.O. Box 2175
Austin, Texas 78768
I am new to the Evaluator Portal. How do I log in?
What if I never received an email request?
I do not see my applicant's name in the Evaluator Portal
I cannot log into my account
First, please ensure that you are logging into the Evaluator Portal. This would not be the same as the Advisor Portal located on our webiste. If this isn't the issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to reset your password. This also applies if you are unable to answer your security questions through the security code method on your end.
If you already have an account with us, it may be possible that your account has become inactive due to inactivity over the last 18 months. Send us an email so we can re-activate your account.
I made a mistake in the letter I submitted for a dental/medical applicant, can I make edits to the letter?
Yes, please send a request to email@example.com to make changes to letters submitted.
Can I edit the veterinary evaluation form?
The form can be edited until it has been approved by the TMDSAS administrator (typically 24 hours later). Please send a request to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to edit the evaluation form. TMDSAS will delete the original entry on our end so you can complete the form once more.
Please note, TMDSAS will need to delete the ENTIRE original entry in order to edit any portion of the evaluation form. We suggest having a copy of your answers before contacting us to remove the original entry to make edits.
Can I print out the evaluation form first before submitting?
Unfortunately, we do not currently have this capability. You will be able to copy the questions and answer them in a separate document if you wish.
Can I submit an accompanying letter with the veterinary evaluation form?
No. Only the digital submission of the Veterinary Evaluation Forms will be accepted by the veterinary schools.
Can TMDSAS send my evaluation to other application services such as VMCAS, AMCAS, or AADSAS?
No. TMDSAS does not release evaluations to other application services.
What if I am having trouble or need assistance?
Send us an email to email@example.com. Providing the email address associated with your account and the applicant's name, or TMDSAS ID number in the email will help resolve any issues quickly. You may also call 512-499-4785 Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M and 1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. CST.