Texas Residency Determination
TMDSAS makes residency determinations for admission purposes only, not for tuition, which is reviewed at the time of matriculation on the school's end.
To establish domicile, you must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Texas for 12 consecutive months by the application deadline; and
- Establish and maintain domicile for 12 consecutive months prior to the application
deadline, by doing one of the following:
- Be gainfully employed in Texas
- Sole or joint marital ownership of residential real property in Texas by the person seeking to enroll or the dependent's parent, having established and maintained a domicile at the residence
- Own and operate a business in Texas
- Be married for one year to a person who has established domicile in Texas
Please review the Application Guide for details on establishing and maintaining Texas residency.