Only send transcripts when prompted to do so by TMDSAS.
Remember, transcripts are not due at the time you submit your application. In fact, if you send in your transcripts prior to our request, TMDSAS will not keep them on file. Save time and money by sending in transcripts only when requested by TMDSAS! Once transcripts are requested, be prepared to submit them for all institutions you’ve attended.
Wondering why we don't need your transcripts for application processing? Read more.
Submitting Your Transcripts
Follow these guidelines when submitting transcripts to TMDSAS.
- Complete the [Colleges Attended] section first.
- You must complete the [Colleges Attended] section prior to sending us your transcripts. Completing this section creates the necessary placeholders that allow us to upload your transcripts once received.
- Have transcripts sent.
- You must arrange for an official electronic transcript (preferred) or a sealed, official physical transcript to be sent directly to TMDSAS.
- We strongly recommend that electronic transcripts and transcripts sent by mail be accompanied by a TMDSAS Transcript Request Form (see below).
- One official transcript is required from every regionally accredited U.S., U.S. Territorial,
or Canadian college attended. This includes:
- Colleges at which you took a course, even if transfer credit was later accepted by another school.
- College-level courses taken while in high school, even if they did not count toward a degree at any college.
- You can also send it yourself. TMDSAS will accept a transcript sent by an applicant
as long as it is in the official sealed envelope from the registrar's office.
- Transcripts submitted by applicants cannot be more than a year old from the dated submitted to TMDSAS.
- Check your status:
- It is your responsibility to verify and ensure that TMDSAS has received all of your official transcripts.
- TMDSAS sends an automatic email once your transcript has been uploaded into your application.
- Additionally, you may check the status of your transcripts regularly by logging into your application and viewing the [Status] page. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page until you reach the [Supporting Documents] heading.
- If a document has been received, the receive date will appear next to the document
name. Remember that transcripts can take 21 days to be received and processed. Keep
this in mind when contacting TMDSAS.
TMDSAS accepts electronic transcripts from the following services:
- Credentials eScrip - Safe (formerly Credential Solutions).
- National Clearinghouse
Refer to your registrar's office to verify your school's transcript service.
Electronic transcripts with expiration dates will not be accepted if they expire. The following service typically has a viewing expiration date and will not be accepted:
Electronic transcripts with expiration dates will not be accepted if they expire.
For Parchment, "TMDSAS" must be manually entered. Please use email@example.com as the email address for TMDSAS to prevent processing delays.
Transcript Request Form
A Transcript Request Form is strongly recommended to ensure TMDSAS can quickly match your transcript(s) to your application.
- Print/attach the Transcript Request Form from the TMDSAS website or from the [Colleges Attended] section of the application.
- Fill out the Transcript Request Form.
- Submit to the registrar’s office of every accredited U.S. and Canadian college/university you have attended. If submitting an electronic transcript, most electronic transcript services give you the option to add attachments to your order. You can upload the Transcript Request Form as an attachment.
- Be sure to advise the registrar’s office to enclose the Transcript Request Form (or TMDSAS ID# if requesting electronically) with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to TMDSAS. Transcripts that are not accompanied by the Transcript Request Form can result in a delay in processing the document.
Sending Your Transcripts with Recorded Spring Grades
Mail your transcripts to:
For General Mail:
Other Types of Transcripts
TMDSAS accepts all official transcripts, including the following types: Canadian transcripts, International transcripts, Military transcripts, Study Abroad transcripts, transcripts from Overseas U.S. Institutions, and Electronic transcripts. See glossary for a full description of each.
Refer to Entering Study Abroad Coursework for detailed information regarding study abroad and foreign coursework.
Warning! Supporting docs
Do NOT send TMDSAS your supporting documents until you have completed the corresponding sections in the application. This information correlates to the Colleges Attended section of the application. This section creates the placeholder(s) needed to upload your transcripts to your application.
Warning! Supporting docs
- Transcripts submitted to TMDSAS cannot be more than a year old - the print date cannot be more than a year from the time they are submitted.
- Transcripts must be re-sent for each application cycle that you apply for even if you have not completed additional coursework.
- You can mail the transcript yourself as long as it remains in a sealed envelope from the registrar.
Do my transcripts have to be received by TMDSAS before I can submit my application?
No, you can submit your application without your transcripts.
When do I need to submit my transcripts to TMDSAS?
Transcripts should be sent only when requested by TMDSAS.
TMDSAS will send a transcript request to dental and medical applicants who have been accepted and veterinary applicants who have been interviewed.
Transcripts submitted prior to the request are not guaranteed to be kept on file, and TMDSAS will not confirm the receipt of these transcripts.
How will I receive the transcript request from TMDSAS?
If you are a dental or medical applicant who has been accepted or a veterinary applicant who has been interviewed, be on the lookout for an automated email from TMDSAS requesting your transcripts.
Check your spam/junk folders if you don't see an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox.
Will TMDSAS delay the processing of my application if they have not received my transcripts?
No, TMDSAS will not delay the processing of your application for transcripts or any other supporting documents. As supporting documents are received we will process them and forward them to the schools.
Do I need to send in my transcripts to update my grades/coursework?
Transcripts should be sent only when requested by TMDSAS.
You can manually update your grades by changing the 'NY - Not Yet Reported' grade with a letter grade in the [College Coursework] section].
If you cannot change your coursework in this section, send a message to TMDSAS via the internal messaging system in the TMDSAS Application Portal.
Should I send in my high school transcript for my AP credits?
No. TMDSAS does not need your high school transcript. If you were granted AP credit, those credits should be listed on your college/university institution transcript. For questions about AP credit, please review the Coursework Section of the Application Guide, and Putting the "AP" in Your Application.
The transcript delivery service says my transcript has been "received" by TMDSAS, but my transcript status still says "NOT RECEIVED" in the [Status] section of the application.
Once "received" by our team, your transcripts will go into a queue for processing.
Mailed transcripts can take 21 business days to be received and processed. Electronic transcripts can take 7-10 business days to be processed
Please allow the appropriate amount of time before contacting TMDSAS via the internal messaging feature in your application portal.
Hang on to the delivery confirmation email you received from your school or transcript delivery service. Watch the TMDSAS Office Hour: Transcripts Explained to see how you can use this delivery confirmation to predict when you can expect to hear back from TMDSAS!
How will I know when my transcripts have been received?
You will receive an email notification from TMDSAS once TMDSAS processes and uploads your transcript to your application. Only then will your transcript status in the [Application Status] page change to "received" and reflect the date your transcript was uploaded to your application. Review Checking the Status of Your Letters, Scores, and, Transcripts.
I recieved the email request for transcripts, but when I check my [Status] page, it reads "Not required at this time". Am I supposed to send in my transcripts?
It is normal for veterinary applicants to see this message. You can disregard this message if you have been interviewed and you received the TMDSAS email request for transcripts. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see the transcript status on this page (until you've been accepted), but you will receive an email notification once a transcript finishes processing and uploads to your application. Refer to the processing times to get an idea of when you can expect to receive an email notification from TMDSAS.
My school charges for transcripts after I graduate, can I send my transcript early?
Instead of applicants sending transcripts before they are requested by TMDSAS, we recommend that applicants have an official transcript mailed to themselves. Keep the transcript sealed and then mail it to TMDSAS when requested.
How can I check to see if the transcript service my school uses will be accepted?
- TMDSAS accepts electronic transcripts from Credential Solutions (formerly eScrip-Safe), National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, and Greenlight Locker (Dallas CCCD). For more information about the institutions they serve and how to arrange delivery of your electronic transcript, see here:
Credentials Solutions: https://www.credentialssolutions.net/
National Student Clearinghouse: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/
Does TMDSAS accept transcripts from National Clearinghouse or Parchment services?
Yes, TMDSAS will accept transcript from both of these services. Refer to your registrar's office to verify your school's transcript service.
For Parchment, TMDSAS must be manually entered. Please use email@example.com as the email address for TMDSAS to prevent processing delays.
I sent my transcript without the Transcript Request Form, will TMDSAS still accept my transcript?
While TMDSAS will accept transcripts that are not attached to TMDSAS Transcript Request Forms, TMDSAS is not responsible for transcripts that cannot be matched to your application due to the absence of a TMDSAS Transcript Request From. You are strongly encouraged to utilize these forms. Be sure to inform the registrars that this form should be attached to the transcript when it is sent to TMDSAS.
We also strongly recommend that you request personal copies of your transcripts for your use in completing the [College Coursework] section of your application.
I sent my transcript awhile back but it hasn't shown on my [Status] page that it has been received.
Remember, mailed transcripts can take 21 business days to be received and processed. Electronic transcripts can take 7-10 business days to be processed. Please allow for the appropriate amount of time before contacting TMDSAS.
Also check to be sure that your electronic transcript was not sent with an expiration date. Transcripts that have expired will not be accepted.
I'm a reapplicant, do I have to resend the transcripts I submitted last cycle even though I haven't taken additional coursework since then?
Yes, transcripts must be re-sent for each application cycle that you apply for even if you have not completed additional coursework. But remember, only if TMDSAS has requested that you send your transcripts will you need to send them!
Which mailing address should I use to send my transcript to TMDSAS?
You can submit physical mail to:
For General Mail:
I can't get an official copy of my foreign transcript.
If you are unable to submit an official transcript from your foreign institution you can submit an unofficial copy from your personal records. Please note that if you took courses from a US institution abroad, you must provide an official transcript.
What if my transcripts don't arrive within 30 days of the transcript request? Will this negatively affect my acceptance offer?
It is preferred that your transcripts be sent within 30 days of receiving the email request. However, if you are unable to get them in within this time, you will not be penalized for sending them after the 30-day perios. Nor will this affect your pre-match offer or acceptance offer!